Nav Bar

Home Project Gallery Contact About Facebook Google+ Pinterest Twitter Bloglovin' Image Map

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Along the way...

I have always loved looking around myself while traveling. Whether it is by bus, car, walking or even jogging. It drives me crazy that my fiancé and stepson automatically look down at electronics as soon as they get the chance.

Look up! See at all the things!


I have been walking around my neighborhood for a over a year now, but this summer I started jog/walking further than I used to. It's been my main method of exercise these past few months.

So a couple of weekends ago I decided to take my camera with me to capture a few of the things I see along the way. I wasn't able to jog, but it was still a nice Calorie burn. Here are five of the things I saw along the way:


Rain Barrel - rain barrels are all the rage in Seattle. I like how this one is actually a barrel! Typically they are made out of plastic.


Sunflower with Bees - I really love how this one turned out. It's my wallpaper on my new lappy.


Frog on Fence - I think this frog is pretty cute!


Palm Leaves - I just love the excuse to look up at the beautiful blue sky. Leaves and flowers make great contrast to the sky.


Free Crates - the DIY/blogger in me NEEDED to take home these crates. I passed on them knowing I would end up hoarding them forever before actually doing anything with them.

By the time I got home, I had an idea for them, but I refused to go back and get them. I just don't have room for hoarding. Plus, I'm sure my fiancĂ© would be upset if I started a new project when my DIY table is still in pieces... I totally regret leaving them!

For more stuff I see along the way, check out my Summer Walk from last year, Spring Walk from this year and Free Little Library. I found three more free little libraries in my neighborhood, so I'll have to do another post to share them with you.

Do you like to explore the world around you when you travel? Or do you slip into your own world, book, cell phone, video game, music, etc.?

Linking to: Freedom Fridays | Weekend Wonders | Sharing with Domestic Superhero | Friday Link Party | What to do Weekends

7 comments:

  1. I love taking new routes when we go out for walks and seeing new parts of our neighborhood! It gives you a small glimpse into the personalities of the people behind the doors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I love having this sneak peek of random peoples lives. I also really, really, really want to buy a house soon, so I find myself looking at all the houses and daydreaming about what mine will look like. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow Bethany.. you walk sure did produce some wonderful pictures.. I love them all and you are so right, it's amazing what is right around us if we only take the time to really see!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always been the type of person to stare out the window of a vehicle and entertain myself with what I see. There is just so much around us to see. Thank you! I really like how they turned out too. :)

      Delete
  3. Lol, I hear you on that looking around thing! My husband is the worst, not only does he look at his feet while he walks, but he always has his headphones in and basically just tunes everything out. I've been walking the other direction towards him down the street and he didn't notice me until I walked up and tapped him on the shoulder, and he freaked out! And I'm jealous of your willpower with those crates, I would have just took them home anyway. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, don't get me started on earbuds! I have a pet peeve against earbuds. For one, I've almost hit people jogging with earbuds because they jumped in front of my car out of nowhere. I like to be aware of my surroundings when I am walking or jogging.

      Plus, no one pays attention to the warning label on earbuds. Earbuds are attributed to hearing loss. I have a hearing disability, so I avoid earbuds like the plague. No sense in having hearing loss when I already have trouble processing what I am hearing.

      I totally regret leaving those crates! Being an apartment dweller, I have very limited hoarding space. I really need to clear out some of my projects to make room for new ones. :)

      Delete
  4. The Uttarakhand Board will provide the Class 10th Exam Previous Question Paper 2023 as soon as possible. Students from Uttarakhand Board are eagerly awaiting the release of the Uttaranchal Board 10th Previous Question Paper 2023 for the High School Class Xth examination, as well as the UBSE Class Xth Previous Question Paper 2023 and the Uttarakhand Board 10th Model Question Paper 2023. UBSE 10th Exam Pattern 2023 The 10th grade test in Uttarakhand Previous Question Papers for the year 2023 will be published on UA's official website. 2023 Previous Question Paper Dear all students, please go to the official URL provided below to check your Uttarakhand Board Class 10th Previous Question Paper 2023 as soon as it is released.

    ReplyDelete